This article will show you how to add a new user in Marketscape CRM.
Adding a User
To add a new user to Marketscape CRM, follow these steps:
Click on the "Settings" button in the left navigation
Click on the "Users" link under Territory Management
Near the top of the page, click on the "New User" button
Please take note that at the top left of the Manage Users page, you can see how many accounts are available. You can see how many licenses are available in the row named "Available." If there are no available licenses, you can either disable an unneeded/unused account or reach out to your Customer Success Manager to arrange for additional licenses.
When you click on the "New User" button, a new page will open: (Click image to view larger)
- The following fields are required: first name, last name, role, and email address.
- Add the user's first name, last name and email address, along with any other profile details desired.
- At this time you may want to set a temporary password, to provide the user immediate access to the account.
- We suggest adding the user's Sales Territory to ensure accuracy in reporting.
- Adding a state to a user's profile will assist in locating local referral sources in the Referral Source Database.
- Do not set a county or city. This feature no longer works in Marketscape CRM. If you do set a county in a user's account, for example, you will not be able to apply that county to the location filter in Sales Spotlight.
- If your agency has purchased market data you should assign the appropriate state and/or counties, otherwise the user's Market Spotlight page will be blank.
- Click the Save Profile button to save the user information, adding the new user to the list of active users.
It is not recommended to overwrite current user information to replace a user. Please disable the old user, and add a new user. This maintains a history of the prior user, and causes fewer conflicts over time.
- Role Management and Configuration
- Resetting a user's password
- Disabling a user
- Enabling a disabled user