To disable a user's account in Marketscape CRM, follow these steps:
Click on Settings in the left navigation of the Marketscape CRM web application.
Click Users in the Settings Links & Tools box on the left side of the window.
In the top section of "Active Users," click the check box to the left of the user account you want to disable.
Using the Bulk Actions drop-down menu (found below the list of active users), select Disable User.
When you disable a user, a prompt displays that allows you to:
- Assign owned Contacts to an existing user
- Assign owned Accounts to an existing user
- Assign owned Referrals to an existing user
Leaving referrals assigned to the disabled user does not remove them from Marketscape CRM. We suggest not transferring referral ownership, in order to maintain historical reporting accuracy.
Remove future events for the disabled user.
We suggest deleting all future events. If future events are not deleted, the future events will only be displayed in the Events section of the Overview page for that user's manager and administrator. To remove these events, the user will need to be reactivated, then disabled again, selecting to remove future events.
If the new user who is replacing the disabled user is not yet in Marketscape CRM, we suggest not making any changes to ownership of Contacts/Accounts/Referrals so that they are still easy to find by searching on the Owners field in the appropriate view.
We do not suggest deleting users, or overwriting current user information to replace a user. Please disable the old user, and add a new user. This maintains a history of the prior user, and causes less conflicts over time.
When the new user has been identified, ownership can be transferred from the Inactive User at that time:
- In Settings, navigate to Users.
- In the Inactive Users section, there is a new bulk action item to Reassign Records.
- Admins will then be asked to select an active user to transfer ownership.
- Role Management and Configuration
- Resetting a user's password
- Adding a new user
- Enabling a disabled user
- Reassigning Inactive User Territories