There are a couple more global settings found in the "Customize" section of the Settings page.
Here are summaries of the two settings:
- Objects - This allows you to add additional data fields to most pages in Marketscape CRM. You can also edit any existing fields.
- Tabs - This allows you to change the names and order of the buttons in the left navigation.
What are objects?
If you open any detail page, for example, accounts or contacts, you will see numerous data items. Let's look at an image. On the left there is an image from an Account Detail page - the right is an overlay of object settings.
Some things to notice
- Each data item in the account details - Name, Rating, Address 1, etc. - has a corresponding setting in the customization settings. This is what you will change if you edit an "object."
- If you look at the right side of the image, you can see that the "Field Name" matches the field "Name" in the details page.
- In addition, the type of data included in a specific field is described in the "Type" column. For example, you can see that the "Name" field is "Text" and can include up to 255 characters.
Here is what the Customize Objects page looks like:
Creating a new object
If you want to add an additional object to a detail page, click the "New Custom Object" button.
For detailed steps to add an object, see Creating a New Field using Custom Objects.
Editing an existing object
To edit an existing object, click on the "edit" link to the left of the name of the page where you want to make a change.
For detailed steps to edit an object, see Editing Existing Custom Objects.
Clicking on the "Tabs" link in the Customize section of the Settings page will allow you to move or rename the buttons in the Marketscape CRM left navigation. You can change the names of the left buttons to be consistent with any usage specific to your company.
- If you hover your mouse over the three lines to the left of any row, you will see that the cursor changes to four arrows indicating that your can "Drag and drop (that row) to change the tab position." Click and drag to change the order of the buttons in the left navigation.
- The fields in the "Tab Display" column can be edited to change the names of the buttons in the left navigation.
- Click on the "Save Changes" button below the table after you have made the desired changes.
Success! - If you have reached this point, you are ready to move on to Step 6 - Expense Settings.