We have now reached the part of our journey through Marketscape CRM where the excitement really heats up - referrals!
Admits, Non-Admits, and Pending
Every referral that is tracked in Marketscape CRM has a referral status of Admit, Non-admit, or Pending that appears in the column, "Referral Status." As a sales rep, it is exceedingly unlikely that we need to spell it out for you, but here it is:
- Admit - the referred patient was admitted to your org. Congrats!
- Non-Admit - Ummm, the referred patient was not admitted to your org.
- Pending - The referred patient has not yet been admitted. Go get 'em!
The most important takeaway is that you will find one of these statuses on every referral you will see in Marketscape CRM.
Since we only identify three referral statuses, in Marketscape CRM for web, you will see a discharge date for the referral, but in Marketscape CRM mobile, you will only see an icon indicating that the patient was discharged. See image below.
The discharge date might not be a default column in your "All Admits" view. You will need to "Edit View" and "Duplicate View" to add this column to a custom view.
Reminder about Month to Date Views
As you poke around with referrals, it is important to keep in mind what might cause differences in views that you are comparing. For example, if you are comparing referrals, month to date and admits, month to date, the entries will almost always be different. Some table entries in an Admit - month to date view might have been referred in the previous month and would not show up in a Referrals - month to date view. Conversely, some entries that show up as referrals have not been admitted yet, so they would not show up in an Admit - month to date view.
Many users wonder how referrals are assigned to them. Quite simply, there is nothing simple about the process to get referrals, your referrals, properly assigned to you so that they show up on your Referrals page. Not only is there a lot of data stuff that needs to be properly aligned, but referral ownership for your company might be automatically assigned from your EHR, or it might be a manual process.
For those of you who want to dig in on how this works, see Referral Ownership Assignment Rules.
Viewing your Referrals
Like most of the pages in Marketscape CRM, there is a ton of details about the page features that we will not cover in this Quick Start content. We want to move you quickly to the tasks that provide the best return for your time. Nevertheless, as you continue in your use of Marketscape CRM, we encourage you to find time here and there to dig in to the Additional Resources at the bottom of each article.
|Click on the "Referrals" button in the left navigation to open the Referrals page.|
The Referrals page looks like this:
You will want to click on the "Showing View" dropdown (arrow in image above) to select "All Pending."
The table will show all of your pending referrals.
Stating the obvious, each pending referral represents a high potential opportunity. So, whether you browse, filter or search to narrow in on specific pending referrals, your next steps are:
- Identify the pending referrals that need immediate follow up.
- Communicate with your team internally, as needed, to decide your follow up strategy.
- Make a call, send an email, schedule an event based on the situation, account, or contact.
Calendar based Strategy
If you are scheduled to see a specific physician listed in the table in the near future, you can quickly see the list of pending referrals for that physician. (This specific trick only works in the Web App) Try this:
- Hover over the name. (In this example, we hovered over Gregory Fazio.)
- The Contact summary information box opens.
- Right click on the link "View Contact Details"
- Select "Open link in new tab" from the menu
- This will open a new tab with the Contact Details page displayed.
- Scroll down to the "Referrals" section and Voila! all of the selected physician's referrals.
Excellent! You are now ready for Step 6 - Track your activity.
- The Referrals Page