The term "Views" in Marketscape CRM describes the data that is being shown when a user clicks on the Accounts, Contacts or Referrals tab. This article will describe the process of creating a new view by duplicating an existing view.
See Related Content below.
Why Duplicate a View?
A user would want to duplicate a view when they may want to have the content on the tab be closely similar to an existing view, but with any number of changes, for example, a different timeframe, a different user or area, etc.
Global Views - When creating and/or editing views, it is important to remember that some views are global. Global views are seen by all users and should only be edited by account administrators. If a user choses to edit a global view, a warning will be displayed stating that the view is global (see image). Changes made and saved to a global view will modify the view for all users. Instead of editing a global view, we suggest that a user duplicate the view to tailor it to fit their needs.
Duplicate an Existing View
- Navigate to the section that you would like to create a view for - Accounts, Contacts, or Referrals
- Load the view that you want to duplicate by selecting it from the Change View drop-down menu
- Once the view has loaded, click the Edit View link next to the Change View drop-down menu (pictured below)
- Click the Duplicate View button (shown below, to the right of the Cancel button)
- A pop-up will prompt to enter a name for the view.
- Type in a new name for the duplicated view, then click OK.
- Use a name that is as descriptive as possible. This makes it easy to anticipate what data will be displayed when the view is selected from the Change View drop-down.
- As an example, a view that contains all admits for the past 90 days might be called "All Admits - 90 Days."
- The new view will save, displaying all of the filtering options available for that view.
Many fields can be adjusted. Once you are satisfied with your changes, click Save to save your new, duplicated View. The tab for which you duplicated the new view will immediately display content based on the new settings.
For a complete walkthrough of the fields you are able to change, see Creating New Views. Any necessary adjustments desired after viewing the results can be made by editing the new duplicated view.
- Marketer Quick Start Guide: Configuring Views [videos]
- Defining Views
- Creating New Views
- Duplicating Views
- Advanced Filter Criteria for Views
- Performing a Search from Views
Article is closed for comments.