The term "Views" in Marketscape CRM describes the page content that is shown when a user navigates to the Accounts, Contacts or Referrals page. By default, users have a couple pre-existing views. Additional views (or filtered tables of data) can be created, edited or deleted, providing the user control over how data is displayed.
Defining Views provides an overview of what views are in Marketscape CRM as well as how they are most commonly used.
This article will describe the process of creating a new view from scratch. Views can also be created by duplicating existing views.
The process for duplicating views can be found in Duplicating Views.
Before creating and editing views, it is important to know that some views are global. Global views are seen by all users and should only be edited by account administrators. If a user choses to edit a global view, a warning will be displayed stating that the view is global (shown below). Changes made and saved to a global view will modify the view for all users.
Creating a New View
- Navigate to the section for which you would like to create a view - (Accounts, Contacts, or Referrals).
- Next to the Change View drop-down menu, click the Create New View link (pictured below).
For this image we showed the words; Accounts, Contacts, and Referrals. In Marketscape CRM, you will only see the word associated with the page to which you navigated. We show this because the "Create New View" link is the same for all three pages.
View creation is broken into several steps, each customizing the view to the user's needs.
The images for the following steps were taken from the Accounts page, so although the steps are the same, some of the options will be different for Contacts and Referrals.
Step 1 - Provide a name to the view
Make your name as descriptive as possible. This makes it easy to anticipate what data will be displayed when the view is selected from the Change View drop-down.
Step 2 - Select the data that they would like displayed in column headers of the view
- Click on specific fields listed in the box on the left and click the ">>" symbol to add the selected item to the box on the right. Metrics listed in the box on the right will be displayed in the new view. (You can also double click on entries on either side to move them.)
- Click on specific fields listed in the box on the right and click the "<<" symbol to remove the selected item from the box on the right. Removed fields will not be displayed as part of the view.
- You can adjust the order in which fields are displayed in your new view by clicking on an item in the box on the right and clicking the Top, Up, Down, or Bottom links (picture below).
Step 3 - Select whose content a user wants to view, and for what timeframe.
Use the dropdowns to select from available options.
Step 4 - Advanced Filter Criteria allows users to select up to 5 filters to refine what records will be displayed in the new view.
A more in-depth explanation of this step can be found in Advanced Filter Criteria for Views
Step 5 - select a sort order based on up to three columns
Step 6 - Choose who can see the view
Step 7 - Send the view to yourself or others
For most users, this will allow the user to set the new view as the default view for themselves when loading this tab of data (Accounts, Contacts, or Referrals).
Final Step - Click Save to save the view
The tab for which you save the view (Accounts, Contacts, or Referrals) will immediately apply the new view.
Editing a View
To make changes to an existing view, click Edit View next to the view name.
You will be able to make changes to any of the settings reviewed above as part of a new view set up.