Book of Business (Account and Contact) ownership is the foundation upon which all other utilization within Marketscape CRM rests. Fortunately, we’ve created a flexible system to help you keep this key feature in check, regardless of how your team or territories are configured.
You may own an account, and you may have an event on your calendar, but if you’ve not associated the account to the event then your notes will not populate in the account.
Here are the best practice steps you can follow to add the most relevant information into your book of business.
How to Claim Ownership
Keep in mind that you can use this process any time you’re prospecting – it’s not just for creating your initial Book of Business! For these examples we’ll stick to accounts, though the same process is applicable for contacts as well.
- Use the search function on the Accounts page to see if your account has already been added to Marketscape CRM. If so, you can assign yourself as the owner (or request ownership if needed) and move on.
- Use the Mirror Ownership option to claim ownership of associated contacts
- Remember to search with variant spellings and in different fields to ensure the record doesn’t exist before moving on
- If it’s not found, the next step is to search through Market Data for your record (if your company has purchased data). Market Spotlight provides the richest sets of record details so it's your best options for adding a new record quickly.
- After Market Data, the next place to look is the The Referral Source Database. Follow the same search steps to locate your account.
- If you cannot find the account through the steps above, click New Account to create your record from scratch.
- Remember to select your Rating and Targeted options as applicable
- Creating a new record is dependent on role permissions and may not be available for all users. If this option is not available to you, please reach out to your admin or manager to have the record created.
Manager Controls for Ownership
If you receive a request from a marketer regarding accounts/contacts/events not populating as expected, please use the steps below to drill down into the issue to determine the trouble spot:
- Determine if the record ownership is correct in the web app: search or configure a custom view to find the record and confirm ownership.
- Determine if the event follows ACE: use the Daily Visit Report and/or calendar verification. If not, utilize existing content in the help center to refresh your marketer’s knowledge of the calendaring process
If ownership and event are all documented correctly and data is not displaying as expected in their mobile device, have the user confirm the following:
- Are they on the latest version of the mobile app?
- Can they screenshot what they’re looking at which isn’t appearing as expected?
- Have they granted login access so that Trella Health Support can troubleshoot their mobile instance?
If we get down to the root issue and find that there is a problem with visibility of a record that is properly provisioned, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team for further investigation.