Marketscape CRM is a tool designed to make your job easier. The many reports and views of the metrics that track what is going on with referrals and accounts and visits (and more) exist so you can easily identify issues, pinpoint successes, and to diagnose problems and uncover solutions, all based on solid data.
If you have gone through the previous steps in this quick start content, which (we know) required a boatload of interactions with numerous reports and tables of metrics, then you have built a familiarity with the basic tools that you will need going forward.
We are only going to do a couple things here:
- Maintenance tasks
- Provide some perspective
The ongoing cadences are, in general, designed to uncover issues that need to be addressed with your team or to identify areas of success to celebrate with your team. In other words, daily, weekly, and monthly tasks are about coaching your team to success using the insights you glean from Marketscape CRM.
There is another group of tasks that are more administrative that are in the background but that are as imperative to complete to keep Marketscape CRM functioning for your team.
Some of these tasks can be done while you perform your ongoing cadence tasks because most of what you do is completed in the same half dozen reports. (Ok, so there are eight - see image.)
This image lists the reports that we have shown you in the Sales Manager quick start steps.
Maintain your team's Book of Business
The detailed version of maintaining your team's Book of Business can be found in Step 2 - Analyzing your Team's Book of Business. You will use the Advanced AE Summary Report to complete this ongoing maintenance.
In general, you are looking at
- whether your team is following ACE - are their accounts, contacts, and events up to date and documented
- whether there are discrepancies in your team's accounts, contacts, events (and referrals, see below). Discrepancies are many and include, missing accounts, disconnected accounts and contacts, too many accounts, not enough or too many visits, not completed events, or inadequate or missing documentation for events.
Additional tasks connected to maintaining your team's BoB are listed next.
Approving Ownership requests
Part of keeping your team's BoB up to date includes approving ownership requests. This is done by using the "Approve Owner Change" report. Details can be found in the article, Approving Ownership Change Requests.
Sometimes duplicate accounts or duplicate contacts are created in your Marketscape CRM database. The most obvious reason would be a misspelling of an account when it is entered somewhere upstream in the documentation process. Duplicated accounts and contacts can cause misalignments in your database and mess up stats in your reports (among other things).
Anyway, they need to be removed - and that is ongoing maintenance.
There are two articles that show you how to complete this:
Probably best to do this weekly. You will not find many, but you don't want these to build up.
It is super-duper important that referrals are assigned properly. It is likely that any referral that is assigned to the wrong person will generate some noise. You won't need to look for those referrals. However, unassigned referrals need to be assigned.
This is done differently depending on whether your EHR is integrated with Marketscape CRM or not integrated. To understand how this is done, see Determine Referral Ownership Assignment Rules.
Finding Unassigned Referrals
The first step is to create the required view
- Click on the "Referrals" button in the left navigation.
- Click on the "Create New View" link
A page will open that is shown at the right. Instructions for filling out the fields are to the left.
When you select the "Unassigned Referrals" view on the Referrals page, the list will include all unassigned referrals.
What you do at this point depends on whether your EHR is integrated with Marketscape CRM or not. The two options are described below with reasons why referrals might not be assigned along with what to do to assign them.
However, in either case, you can assign the referral.
Steps and observations
- You can see that the "Referral Owner" column is empty at the far right.
- Assign multiple referrals
- To assign multiple referrals to a single person, click on the check boxes to the far left (you can select any number of referrals.
- Click on the "Bulk Actions" dropdown and select "Assign Referral Owner."
- Edit Referral
- Click on the "Edit" link to open the referral details (in box to the left, above)
- Scroll down to "Referral Owners" section and click on one of the links (shown below)
Now let's look at some reasons why a referral might not be assigned.
EHR Source of Truth
If your EHR is integrated with Marketscape CRM, we consider that your EHR is thereby the "source of truth" for referrals in Marketscape CRM
Two causes for an unassigned referral
Intake did not assign the Marketer in the EHR, so the integration had no information to assign the referral owner. These referrals will NOT have a value for MARKETER_NAME and MARKETER_ID.
Solution - Add the appropriate sales rep as the referral owner and follow up with Intake on why they did not enter a marketer.
The Marketer sent from the EHR was not linked to an active CRM user, so the integration could not link the EHR Marketer to an active CRM user. These referrals will have a value for MARKETER_NAME and MARKETER_ID.
Solution - Add the appropriate sales rep as the referral owner and add the MARKET.ER_ID sent for that referral as a sync id to that sales rep’s user account.
For additional information, see Troubleshooting Referral Assignments with Sync IDs
CRM Source of Truth
If your EHR is not integrated with Marketscape CRM, we consider that the CRM itself is the "source of truth" for referrals.
Two causes for an unassigned referral
Intake did not enter a referring facility or physician for the referral in the EHR, so the integration has no information to assign the referral owner. These referrals will NOT have a value for Referring Facility in the CRM.
Solution - Follow up with intake and ask them to enter a referring facility or physician.
The referring facility or referring physician entered in the EHR for the referral is not linked to a CRM account owned by an active CRM user, so the integration could not assign a referral owner. These referrals will have a value for Referring Facility in the CRM.
Solution - Add the appropriate sales rep as the referral owner and the account owner for the Referring Facility.
Some Perspective about Maintenance
Just a few things to ponder as you move on to use Marketscape CRM day by day
- Using MAR CRM - Once you become familiar with specific metrics, the content of views, and the tables in the reports, you will discover some that are particularly valuable, that stand out, and you will return to them again and again. As you use the different tools and features, you will discover new metrics that provide a different angle that you can use, or that provides an insight into a rep's performance.
- Coaching your team - the metrics and tables in MAR CRM are there to hone your team to greatness. The insights you glean from running daily reports are there to encourage growth and celebrate success. Look for specific insights that meet the need for each of your reps so that they will not only understand areas for growth, but also discover how Marketscape CRM can be a tool for their success.
- Ongoing cadences - Any tool will work best if it is maintained and used faithfully. Or, let us put it more strongly. The ongoing cadences we explained in the last step of this quick start guide are not just good ideas or useful suggestions, they are imperatives for success.
- Other Stuff - In this quick start guide, we have provided only the most important tools available in MAR CRM. We strongly suggest learning about other tools by joining webinars and asking questions, searching the rest of the Help Center for tips, or, if you are more adventurous, clicking around in the product to learn what else is there. In particular, we suggest that you investigate the Reporting page where there are a lot more reports that can provide specific insights into productivity.
- Suggestions - As you use Marketscape CRM, you will become the expert in real world application. Use our CRM Idea Center to let us know ways that we can improve the product. Be creative! "Wouldn't it be great if..."