It is kinda impossible to overstate the power of a properly utilized CRM in the hands of a sales manager. We won't attempt to tell you your job, but we will tell you our job, which is to create a simple system that puts everything you need to know about what your team is doing, or not doing, so you can coach, cajole, encourage and train.
This article will introduce you to the get started steps that will help you to become a master of Marketscape CRM. The steps range from necessary to once-and-done to ongoing cadences.
Enough talk. Your team needs you.
In the following table, you can click on the links on the left to view the summary of the step in this article, or click on the link on the right to go directly to the expanded article for each step. If this is your first time working with Marketscape CRM, we encourage you to look at the summaries in this article to get the overview in your mind.
Summary in this Article
Step 1 - Log in to Marketscape CRM Web and Mobile
Marketscape CRM has 2 different applications that you should be aware of as a user of Marketscape CRM. As a Sales Manager, you will do most of your work in Marketscape CRM for Web.
- Marketscape CRM for Web can be accessed from any computer or laptop through a web browser at CRM.TrellaHealth.com.
- Marketscape CRM for Mobile is an application that you will need to download from the Apple store or the Android Play store.
- You will log in to either application using the same credentials - username (email) and password.
You should have received a welcome email that identifies the email address used for your Marketscape CRM account. Included in the email is a temporary password you can use for your first login.
If you did not receive the welcome email, or you can't log in to Marketscape CRM, make contact with your company's Trella Health administrator or the Trella Health Support team at email@example.com.
If your organization has both Marketscape Insights and Marketscape CRM remember that each product has a separate login server. For you this means that, from a technical perspective, you have two separate accounts. The best option at this time is to set up both of these accounts with the same email and password.
Click on the following links for more information.
Marketscape CRM Mobile
To set up the mobile application for an Android phone or iPhone, click the links for instructions or scan the QR code.
Step 2 - Analyzing your Team's BoB (Book of Business)
This step is half familiarization with Marketscape CRM and CRM concepts and half confirmation and set up of your team's book of business. Yes, that is really four halves, but we are trying to make this critical step appear less formidable so you will press on courageously! Let's break it down.
Part 1 - pre-report orientation and setup - a CRM manages a web of connections between company sales goals, you, your reps, and their accounts, contacts, calendar events (upcoming, completed, and hopefully, properly documented), referrals (with different statuses), call notes, and expenses (and more). Yikes! With this in mind, before you jump in and start looking at reports that show you what is happening, we need to lay down some foundations. This content is not all conceptual. There are some pre-report tasks in here.
- Foundation #1 - Critical CRM concepts - We need to develop a common language on sales territories, accounts, contacts, events (visits), referrals, ownership, and more. That way when we run into these concepts we are speaking the same language
- Foundation #2 - Marketscape CRM tasks - When we finally dig in on specific reports that reveal what your team is up to, it will be important that you know what to do in Marketscape CRM with what you find. For example, what happens if you uncover that one of your reps has no assigned accounts, or they never complete any of their events? We will show you.
- Part 2 - Analyzing your team's BoB - We do this by examining the Advanced AE Summary Report. Yes! Viewing this report has two parts.
This is the core of Step 2 - Analyzing your team's BoB. (You have arrived.)
- Confirm what is there - Does the report show all of your reps? Do they have the right number of Accounts? Are they completing their events? Do they even have events? Are their referrals assigned properly? And sometimes, you will need to dig further to answer these questions as suggested in Foundation #2 above.
- Fix what isn't there - Of course, every nugget you uncover in the report requires that you either fix something, get help fixing something, or go talk to one of your reps. (Unless you uncover that everything is set up and running perfectly.) On the huge up-side, this report shows you so much about what is going on with your team's sales activities.
At this point, you can either jump to the article on Analyzing your team's BoB and get the details, or continue in this article to continue getting the big picture.
Go to Step 2 - Analyzing your Team's BoB
Step 3 - Individual Rep Analysis
Let's keep this brief.
Once you have evaluated your team using the Advanced AE Summary Report, you will be well prepped to dig in on the performance of each of your reps using the Detailed AE Summary Report. In this step you will use the report to identify issues related to accounts, events, ratings, and referrals for each rep and generate a list of follow up actions.
Go to Step 3 - Individual Rep Analysis
Step 4 - Establishing an Ongoing Cadence
You can feel free to view the prior two steps as "getting started" steps. On your first pass through the two listed reports above, you will uncover a lot of issues and required follow up actions. However, a major objective in using Marketscape CRM is that once this necessary one-time massive intervention is done, you can settle into a smoother process of periodic evaluation and follow up that both avoids the need to have major upheaval and also supports ongoing sustained growth.
This smoother process depends on maintaining a cadence of daily, weekly, and monthly rhythms using various reports and pages in Marketscape CRM.
Go to Step 4 - Establishing an Ongoing Cadence
Step 5 - Ongoing Support
Ongoing Support pertains to Territory Management and Referral Management. However, at this time we haven't worked out the details. Stay tuned!
Go to Step 5 - Ongoing Support