If your territory spans several states or counties there may be times when you want to focus on a select area. This article will walk you through how to create a view of your Accounts by State and/or County.
- Hover your mouse over the Accounts tab
- Click View Accounts
- Select Create New View
Note: Once the view you create is saved it will be available for future viewing
From the Custom Views screen make your selections in steps 1 - 7
Step 1: Enter a View Name
- Enter the name of your new view in the field provided
Step 2: Choose Which Fields to Display
- Choose from the list of Available Fields to display in your new view using the arrow indicating "to the right"
- Step 2 allows you to focus on the account information that's important to you
- To delete a field you added, simply click the field name and select the arrow indicating "to the left"
- Fields to Display will be included in your new view.
Step 3: Simple Filter Criteria
- View result options available are dependent on your account permissions
- As a manager, some views you create will be for your eyes only
- Click the drop-down arrow to select a Date Range
- Click the drop-down arrow to select a Date Type
- If you don't wish to include a date range, you want to see all the data available, choose Select
Step 4: Advanced Filter Criteria
- Use the Field drop-down arrow to select State
- Type the abbreviation for the State you wish to filter on in the Value field, in this case, TN = Value
- Choose County from the next Field drop-down arrow
- Type the name of the County you wish to filter on in the Value field, in this case, Davidson = Value
- Only the records that match the exact Value will display in the new view
- Build the advanced filter to accurately capture all records needed for the view
- example, Field = State AND Value = Tennessee
Note: Step 4: Advanced Filter Criteria is the main driver of every view you wish to create. See the example below
Step 5: TargetWatch Filters
- Applicable if you are configuring a Market Data view.
- TargetWatch filters (TargetWatch Tab) are added by your organization's PlayMaker administrator.
Step 6: Select a Sort Order
- This step gives you a choice to manipulate the data you are viewing in a multitude of ways.
Note: Step 6 is an option, it does not need to be utilized
- Notice the wide variety of sort options available
- Then choose Ascending or Descending
Step 7: Restrict Visibility
- Visibility options are contingent on your account permissions
- Most created views will primarily be for your benefit-choose Visible only to me
- Set as default view - typically No
- Click Save
Note: Once the new view is saved, it will be available in the Change View drop-down on the Accounts page for future use
If you found this article helpful, you may also like Creating a Source View
Please sign in to leave a comment.