Basic Post-Acute Care Referral Workflow
- A patient meets the required standards and a qualified person decides to refer them from their office/facility to a Post-Acute Care facility. In Marketscape CRM, this is the Referring Physician and the office/facility is the Referring Facility.
- A qualified person must sign the order validating that the patient meets the standards for Post-Acute Care services. In Marketscape CRM, this person is populated in the Primary Physician field.
- This order is routed to a person whose responsibility is to obtain the Post-Acute Care services for the patient. In Marketscape CRM, this is the Referring Person.
The Referring Person can be anyone and is the most valued contact of Marketscape CRM users. They are the individual that connects the referrals to an agency. Usually, each physician has a unique set of people involved in the administration of their referrals. Knowing that “primary responsible person” is vital to our client’s success.
In Marketscape CRM Accounts, this person is populated in the Primary Referring Person field.
A core principal of Marketscape CRM is that only Contacts, and not Accounts, can provide referrals. Each of your accounts should have a Primary Referring Person - this is the Contact that you are most interested in building a relationship with!
Therefore, the best practice is to provide the Primary Physician, Referring Facility, and Referring Person so that users can identify both where their referrals are coming from (Referring Facility) and the responsible party (Referring Person).
Updating the Primary Referring Person
- Use All Accounts or any applicable View to choose an Account to update. Click View.
- Scroll down to the Contacts section of the account details. Is your Primary Referring Person a Contact? If not, you must Create or Associate them first.
Once the individual is listed as a Contact, they can be added as the Primary Referring Person.
- Click Edit button at the top of the Accounts page to open the Account Details editor.
- Locate the Primary Referring Person field and click the magnifying glass icon
- Choose your Primary Referring Person from the popup.
- Click Save.
Article is closed for comments.