The Referral Source Database is another way to add contacts and accounts to your book of business. The Referral Source Database is a registry of all providers in the United States who have NPI (National Provider Identifier) numbers. Information is collected from the NPI registry to provide an easy way for Marketscape CRM users to add providers to their books of business in the web application. The Referral Source Database is not available on the mobile application.
To Open the Referral Source Database
- Click on either Accounts or Contacts in the left navigation
- You might need to scroll down a little bit to see - "Account Tools."
- Click on the link for "Add from Referral Source Database."
4. The following interface will be visible near the top left of the page:
To search for accounts or contacts in the Referral Source Database:
- The search interface contains a number of filtering options under the Search Options heading. Select the city and state you want to view.
The resulting list will display all providers that match the search criteria that are not currently in a user's CRM book of business. View the total number of entries by scrolling to the bottom of the list and viewing the number beside the indication of the number of results displayed per page.
The default location set in the Search Options box (below) is set by the location entered in the user's My Profile details. It is suggested that this information be updated to reflect an accurate location to show relevant results.
Users can easily filter results further by following these steps:
- Search for providers using a specific ZIP code by entering the ZIP code in the ZIP code field. Click Search.
- Search for providers registered with a specific specialty by entering the desired specialty in the Specialty field. Click Search.
- When searching facilities, narrow the type of facility (e.g., hospital, nursing & custodial care facilities) by selecting a facility type from the dropdown menu beside the label Type that appears at the top of the main Facility Database display.
To add a provider from to a book of business
Once you have browsed or searched and successfully found providers you want to add to a Book of Business, follow the steps below.
- Click on the check box to the left of the desired provider's name. To select all displayed entries at once, click on the check box that serves as a column header for the column of boxes (To the left of "Organization Name" in the image above).
- Click the Add Selected to My Accounts (or Add Selected to My Contacts) button, which is located in the main black label bar that reads Referral Source Database.
- In the box that appears, click on the User field. This will take you to a new window in which you can select the name of the user to whom you would like to assign the contact/account. Click on the word Select, which is located under the Actions column heading on the far right of the employee listing. Once the appropriate user is selected, click the Add button.
The name of the contact/account just added to a user’s book of business will disappear from the Referral Source Database display. This prevents users from duplicating entries when using the database to add to their books of business. This link is created by using the physicians NPI and prevents duplicate physician contacts from being created in Marketscape CRM. Existing contacts already in Marketscape CRM from other sources also follow the rules with matching NPI to prevent duplicates.
Article is closed for comments.