This article pulls together SNF-relevant information from across the Help Center to be a one-stop shop for SNF Market Data in Spark's TargetWatch and Market Insights platforms.
Identifying SNFs in the market data
The Referral Sources tab includes multiple facility listings, including Acute Hospitals, Physicians, and agencies such as HHA, IRF and SNF.
- Selecting the Physician sub report (more button when hovering over the SNF) will provide the list of physicians associated with that SNF.
The SNF and SNF SMA tabs include facility listings for SNFs.
- On the SNF tab, each agency has a Physician's sub report. Selecting the Physician sub-report will provide a list of physicians associated with the SNF.
- Within the sub report, "Workload Roundup" is a measurement of the physicians’ referral volume at the selected SNF.
- Create a target to filter the most applicable individuals.
NOTE: Counts could vary between the two listings. Targetwatch is providing the list of physicians who signed the order for the SNF service. MI is providing the list of physicians who signed the HH or Hospice service order where the patient most recently (within 15 days) left the SNF.
Identifying Physicians that Discharge to SNFs
- On the Discharges tab, each hospital's discharge pattern and volume is available, including discharges to SNF.
- Selecting the Physician sub report (more button when hovering over the hospital) will provide the list of physicians associated with that hospital.
- Each physician's post-acute discharge volume can be seen. In addition, the physician's workload percentage indicates how many of the physician's acute claims are for this facility.
How do I find the Top 10 SNFs in my area?
- Search for "SNF" in the Referral Sources tab to identify SNFs in the county/counties you've selected, then sort by Annual Admits, Agency Count, or other available fields as needed.
- Use the TargetWatch Recipe: Top 10 SNFs article to identify top SNFs in your area.
Does market data display SNF discharge to hospice data?
Discharge to hospice data is not provided in the TargetWatch SNF tab, as the term "discharge to hospice" encompasses too many variable scenarios for it to provide meaningful insight. For example, patient could be:
- Discharged from SNF to a hospital for an inpatient stay and is then discharged to hospice.
- Served hospice care while within the SNF itself.
SNF discharge data can be found, however, within the Hospitals tab and sub-reports.
What do readmission rates for SNF's represent?
The readmission rate for a SNF is the count of readmissions from discharges, for any reason, within 30 days of discharge from the SNF.
Why isn't [this SNF] in the market data?
There can be many reasons why a given record is not listed in the market data. Click our Market Data FAQ for more details.
If [this SNF] isn't in the market data, what can I do now?
If the facility you're looking for is not in TargetWatch or Market Insights, or you don't have access to either of these platforms, use the Referral Source Database to add SNF facility records into your Book of Business.
Steps to add from Referral Source Database:
- Mouse-over the Accounts link and click Add from Referral Source Database.
- Enter the City and State in which you would like to search for Referral sources, then click Search.
- After the search completes, filter the results by changing the Type dropdown to Nursing & Custodial Care Facilities, and changing the Classification dropdown to Skilled Nursing Facility. Then click the Go button under Classification.
- Once viewing the list of SNFs, check the boxes next to any facilities you want to add to your Accounts.
- Click the Add Selected to My Accounts button.
The resulting list should be all SNFs that are registered in the selected City, State or Zip Code. Keep in mind:
- Any accounts added from the Referral Source Database will be assigned to the user adding them to the database, so they may need to be reassigned later.
- Some facilities may not be listed in the location selected, as they register themselves and can be registered in another City, State or Zip Code.
- Some facilities may not be listed in the location selected as they may not have listed their Primary Taxonomy as Skilled Nursing Facility in the NPI Registry.
Please sign in to leave a comment.