Marketscape CRM uses the terms "ownership" and "shared owner" to indicate assignment of accounts, contacts and referrals. While account administrators and managers can assign ownership to users, some users may not have permission to assign these records to themselves. In this case, the users must request ownership through a process covered in this post.
Once ownership change requests have been made by users, account administrators or managers must approve or deny requests. This can be done by following these steps:
- Click on Reporting in the left navigation in Marketscape CRM for web.
- Click on the Approve Owner Change report.
- Choose any appropriate filters, such as territory (branch, area, market or region), Business Line, or user. Most importantly, change the Object drop-down to display the appropriate content.
- Click Run Report.
- Any requests that match the filters applied will be displayed.
- Check the boxes next to the records that you would like to approve or deny.
- From the Bulk Actions drop-down, select the appropriate action to perform.
Additional Information on Approving Ownership
- If a record is already assigned to an owner, this process will add an additional owner which may result in shared credit for referrals. To remove a shared owner, follow these steps.
- As an account administrator or a manager, approving ownership changes should be a regular activity. Trella Health recommends that the Approve Owner Change report be set up as a scheduled report. This article walks through saving and scheduling the Approve Owner Change report.
- When an ownership change request is created, there will not be an in-app notification that ownership change requests are pending. Reports must be run to view request activity. Scheduled reports can be set to run only when requests are pending.
- Office managers can only approve requests for the account executives within their sales territories, and region managers can approve requests for any user in their region. Account administrators can approve requests for any sales territory.
- Requesting Ownership
- Adding or Removing a Shared Owner
- Configuring and Scheduling Reports
- Role Management and Configuration