This article provide specific instructions on how to identify the following individuals.
- Identifying PAs, NPs & CNSs
- Identifying Physicians with specific patient populations
- Identifying Physicians at Hospitals that discharge to post-acute
Identifying Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners & Clinical Nurse Specialists
The Referral Source Database includes all individuals and organizations that have a registered NPI. To use this resource to identify NPs, PAs, and CNSs, follow the instructions below.
- Click on Contacts in the left navigation
- Navigate to "Add from Referral Source Database" under the Contacts tab
- Select the "Type" drop down to choose "Physicians Assistants and Advanced Practice Nursing Providers"
- Further refine your search using the "Classification" drop down
- The "Search Options" on the left side of the page allow you to adjust the search specifics including specialty and geography
Identifying Physicians with Specific Patient Populations
As patients are recovering and in a position to leave the acute setting, your home health agency may be uniquely positioned to assist with particular patient populations. Identifying the physicians that work with these patients can be done within Marketscape CRM's market data.
Using Market Insights
Market Insights is Marketscape CRMs legacy market data presentation.
In Market Insights while viewing Home Health Attending Physicians you can similarly identify those with high volumes of specific patients. To identify the physician of interest:
- Select "Filter" on the right side of the grid
- Choose criteria you want to filter
- Select the appropriate diagnosis group - eg. CHF Stroke COPD
- Select the quartile or relative volume - Top Quartile indicates these physicians have the highest volume of patients with this diagnosis
- Select search
Once you have identified the individuals of interest, add to your book of business by selecting "Add Ownership"
Identifying Physicians that Discharge to Post-Acute Care
Post-acute care is especially important during this pandemic to facilitate moving patients out of the hospitals promptly to avoid exposure.
Using Market Insights
On the Discharge tab, each hospital's discharge pattern and volume is available. Selecting the Physician sub report (more button when hovering over the hospital) will provide the list of physicians associated with that hospital.
Each physician's post-acute discharge volume can be seen. In addition, the physician's workload percentage indicates how many of the physician's acute claims are for this facility.