Incorporating Palliative Care in your marketing campaigns and strategies can be a valuable move, improving market footprint for your referral sources and improving patient outcomes across the continuum of care. But without palliative-specific admissions in your datasets, how can you identify physicians who might be interested?
Here's a few quick tips to help you find potential matches and start the conversation!
In the Hospice Dataset
- In the Influence Physicians report, sort Influence Admits in descending order (highest volumes first). Click into the profiles for your top influence providers and compare the influence rating to the Provider’s Payer Mix data on their profile.
- Seeing a high number of hospice influence admits but not a correlative spike of Medicare claims % could indicate those patients are going elsewhere, like into palliative care!
- Search filtering is not just for names - you can also try searching by Physician Type (Specialty) to narrow your scope.
- Geriatric Medicine
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
In the Hospice and Home Health Dataset
If you have both the Home Health and the Hospice dataset in your Market Insights module, take a cue from the recommendations above. Check the influence ratings for a physician. Then:
- If they have a volume of patients entering hospice that they aren't writing an order for
- AND have high home health admit total, that could be a potential conversation starter, too!
Though these are general ideas and not definitive calculations, letting the data tell a story can bring you more informed and targeted observations, which means more informed and targeted conversations with your referral sources.