All contacts in Marketscape CRM should be associated with an account. In the All Contacts or My Contacts views, the "Account" column should be listed, showing which account a contact is assigned to.
Use the two following ways to associate a contact to an account:
Before creating a new contact
- Click on the Accounts navigation link, then search for the appropriate account.
- Click on the account to view the Account Details, then scroll down to the Contacts section.
- Click the blue New Contact button. This new contact will automatically be associated to the selected account.
Associating an Existing Contact from the Contacts View
- In the All Contacts or My Contacts view, click Edit next to the contact that needs to be assigned to an account.
- Click on the Account text box. A search dialog box will appear, prompting to search for the correct account.
- Search for the account, or find the account in the list, then click Select in the Actions column.
If a contact was entered without address or phone details, users can click the Copy Account Details button (shown below) while editing the Contact Details. This will allow the user to select a few details to populate with information already exiting in the Account Details.
- Maintaining Unassociated Records
- Marketer Quick Start Guide: Associating Accounts and Contacts
- Contact Details
- Creating a Contact
- Creating an Account
- Performing a Search from Views
- Merging Duplicate Contacts