When adding a new contact on Marketscape CRM on the web, details from the account can easily be copied over to the contact, reducing the amount of data to enter for the contact. This article walks through the process of copying account details to a contact.
The ability to copy account details onto a contact is a feature that is only available on the web and is not available on the mobile app.
To copy account details to a contact, follow the steps below:
- From the Accounts tab, click View next to the account that will be associated to the new contact.
- Ensure that the account has details that can be copied over (such as phone number, address, etc.). When accounts have more data fields populated, there are more options for copying data to the associated contact records.
• Scroll down to the Contacts section of the Account Details and click New Contact.
- In the Contact section of the Contact Details page, the Account field will be populated. Enter any additional information about the contact. The First Name and Last Name fields are required to save a contact.
- At the top of the Contact Details, click the Copy Account Details button.
- A list of selectable options will appear. Checking the boxes for each listed field will result in that field being copied to the contact record. Once satisfied with selected options, click Copy Selected Fields.
- Once clicked, the details selection window will close, and the selected data will copy to the contact record.
- At the top of the Contact Details page, click Save to save the contact with the copied details.
This feature also becomes available once an existing contact is associated to an account. Simply edit the contact record and add the account. Once the account is selected and added to the contact, the Copy Account Details button will become available.