Market Insights is PlayMaker Spark's enhanced market data analytics platform available on both web and mobile applications. Market data is necessary for any business to evaluate their position in the market, plan their growth strategy, and execute on building and maintaining referral source relationships. Market Insights is accessed from PlayMaker Spark and connected to the relationship management (CRM) functionality.
Market Insights provides visibility into historical Medicare claims data with an in-depth analysis of:
- Referral patterns and trends
- Acute and post-acute admissions and discharges
- Acute readmissions
- Agency operational metrics
- Post-acute agencies utilize market insights to evaluate and analyze their market to strategize and execute on their sales and marketing activities. Key analysis provided by Market Insights includes:
- Strategic market analysis: market share and competitive landscape
- Referral source identification
- Service line expansion opportunities in target markets
- Agency operational benchmarks
Post-Acute Referral Patterns
What is a Referral Source? PlayMaker Spark defines a Referral Source within Market Insights as the facility (hospital, SNF, Home Health agency, etc.) from which a home health or hospice admission discharged in the 15 days prior to start of care; when there is no previous facility the attending physician is given credit for the referral.
- Patient vs Agency Address:
- Patient Address sorts by the address of patients that live within the territory searched. This means that you may see data for agencies outside of your searched area as some patients have traveled for service.
- The Agency Address selection will display agencies that are housed within the searched area.
- Filter the data for ranges of annual admits, percent of total, readmit percentage, Star and Survey ratings, PPS$, LUPA%, and diagnosis groups and quartiles
- Filter by a diagnosis group to sort data and compare agencies servicing those groups.
- Sorting by the quartiles filters by the amount of patients admitted to the agency with that diagnosis. Quartiles are measured by top quartile (the most admits) upper middle quartile, lower middle quartile, and lower quartile (the lowest amount of admits).
- Search: You can use the search bar at the top of the grids to search for specific NPIs, agencies, locations, etc.
- Export: You can export your queries at the top of the page.
Admissions to Post Acute
The data is aggregated across either the Home Health or Hospice business line and summarized by agency, attending physician, and admission referral source.
The relationships and patterns between the three entities (agency, attending physician, referral source) is available by selecting a sub-report. For example, by selecting the "Attending Physician" drill in for a specific agency, you can review the physicians that oversee admissions for that agency.
Utilizing the discharge coding from the hospital claim, Market Insights provides details on which post-acute service a patient leaving a hospital was ordered. This information is available both as a count and as a percentage of all discharges from that facility.
Conversion to Post-Acute
By comparing the discharge orders to post-acute admissions, Market Insights provides insight into the conversion rate to the post-acute business lines. This rate shows the difference between what a patient "should do" to what a patient "did".
Reducing patient readmissions to the hospital is a goal of every healthcare organization. The readmission data analyzes the hospital readmit rates of home health admissions that discharged from a hospital prior to their home health service.
Readmissions (count and rate) are calculated across a variety of date ranges, with the most common time period being within the 30 days after hospital discharge.
Op Metrics include many clinical metrics and KPIs that help an agency better understand how they and their referral sources compare to others when providing care. There are two tabs – Summary & Care Details – that provide both high level and care specific information. This information also includes national, state, and county comparisons to benchmark the information against a local geography.
More details about the insights found in our Home Health and Hospice datasets, including breakdowns of each page and sub-report, can be found in the Market Insights section of the Help Center.
For a quick overview of Market Insights in a printable version, check out our PDF guide below!