Use the links below to skip to that section of this article:
What indicates that a contact has an email address when creating an event?
- When you create an event on the web in Marketscape CRM and invite a contact, the contact will change color if the "Email" field is not filled in for that record. For example:
There are no visual indicators on mobile events that show whether a contact has an email address entered into the "Email" field.
Does the email address have to be valid?
Marketscape will not indicate if the email address is valid or complete. The email field is a text box and the application only shows whether or not information has been entered into this field.
What does the "Send a copy of this event to my email" option do?
- This option sends an .iCal attachment to you (the owner of the event) so that you do not have to block off your time manually in other calendar applications.
- The .iCal is ONLY sent to the email address within your profile. It includes the start and end time of the event and Event Purpose and Expected Outcome section of the event.
Selecting this checkbox will send a meeting invitation to your email.
The meeting invitation will include the subject of the event.
After you accept the event, the Event Purpose and Expected Outcome will be visible in you Outlook Calendar.
What does the "Send email updates to all attendees" option do?
- Similar to the option to "Send a copy of this event to my email," an email invitation is sent to the contact so long as they have a valid email address entered per above.
Selecting this checkbox will send an email notification to all attendees with a valid email address.
The invitation includes the event subject, the time, event type, and the meeting purpose.
Do my associated contacts receive a copy of my event?
- Associated Contacts will only receive a copy of the event if 1) they have a valid email address on file 2) they are selected as an attendee of the event and 3) the "Send email updates to all attendees" option is selected.